Notposition/emergency position

LiMa, Kabel, Lampen, elektrische Bauteile.

Moderator: Moderatoren

Notposition/emergency position

Beitragvon blurredman » 13. Mai 2024 14:32

Hello,

I want to know what actually happens when on the 6v original systems, one puts the ignition switch fully anti-clockwise to this 'emergency position'.

It is a case last friday when my brother and I went on our bikes and his regulation stopped and we just managed to get home but the battery was in deep discharge (since rectified, and the regulator fault also rectified). But, if on his standard MZ TS250/1, would we have had a more pleasant time riding (and not bucking) if he used this 'emergency position'?

From what I read in the service manuals, it simply states that it is there and can be used for a flat battery. But technically, what does it do in order to allow one to start the bike (from a very long and steep hill I take it) in order to provide the force needed for a spark? Somehow changes to AC? I simply cannot comprehend. In addition- if one did have a dead battery, and a regulator not functioning, is this 'emergency position' a full time option for say 5-10 miles etc, or is it purely just for starting the bike (once it is started- set the switch back to standard ON position) ??

Many thanks for an answer to this query. Matt

Hallo,

Ich möchte wissen, was tatsächlich passiert, wenn man bei den 6-V-Originalsystemen den Zündschalter vollständig gegen den Uhrzeigersinn in diese „Notfallposition“ stellt.

Es ist ein Fall letzten Freitag, als mein Bruder und ich mit unseren Fahrrädern fuhren und seine Regulierung ausfiel und wir es gerade noch nach Hause schafften, aber die Batterie war tiefentladen (inzwischen behoben, und der Reglerfehler wurde ebenfalls behoben). Aber wenn er auf seiner Standard-MZ TS250/1 gewesen wäre, hätten wir dann eine angenehmere Zeit beim Fahren (und nicht beim Ruckeln) gehabt, wenn er diese „Notfallposition“ genutzt hätte?

Nach dem, was ich in den Servicehandbüchern gelesen habe, heißt es lediglich, dass es da ist und für eine leere Batterie verwendet werden kann. Aber was macht es technisch gesehen, damit man das Fahrrad starten kann (ich nehme es von einem sehr langen und steilen Hügel aus), um die Kraft aufzubringen, die für einen Funken nötig ist? Irgendwie auf AC umsteigen? Ich kann es einfach nicht verstehen. Wenn die Batterie leer ist und der Regler nicht funktioniert, ist diese „Notfallposition“ außerdem eine Vollzeitoption für beispielsweise 5 bis 10 Meilen usw. oder dient sie lediglich dem Starten des Fahrrads (sobald es gestartet ist). Stellen Sie den Schalter wieder auf die Standardposition EIN.) ??

Vielen Dank für die Antwort auf diese Anfrage. Matt
1973 MZ ES250/2 - 17,000 miles - The project! :)
1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 9,000 miles - Mud :)
1981 Honda CX500B - 91,000 miles - Long Distance :)
1987 MZ ETZ300 - 38,000 miles - Sun :)
1989 MZ ETZ251 - 49,000 miles - Commute :)

Fuhrpark: http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net
blurredman

Re: Notposition/emergency position

Beitragvon seife » 14. Mai 2024 06:10

As I understand it, this position just puts the output of the generator back into the regulator input which normally is coming from the Battery (or maybe it even bypasses the regulator? Not sure), to excite the generator with help of the remaining magnetic field stored in the generator core, in order to "boostrap" the generator without current from the battery.

Once the motor is started, I think the switch should go back to normal to have the battery reconnected so it can be charged and stabilize the electric system.
Gruß, Stefan

Fuhrpark: MZ ETZ150/125cc EZ.1989
seife

Bilder: 57

Beitragvon EmmasPapa » 14. Mai 2024 07:21

seife hat geschrieben:As I understand it, this position just puts the output of the generator back into the regulator input which normally is coming from the Battery (or maybe it even bypasses the regulator? Not sure), to excite the generator with help of the remaining magnetic field stored in the generator core, in order to "boostrap" the generator without current from the battery.

Once the motor is started, I think the switch should go back to normal to have the battery reconnected so it can be charged and stabilize the electric system.

Yes, Stefan, you are right!
Grüße

Frank

Fuhrpark: MZ mit 6 Volt, zeitweise eine mit 12 V in Pflege
EmmasPapa

Beitragvon blurredman » 15. Mai 2024 07:52

Okay. Thank you. So it isn't a long term solution for a vehicle that is failing to charge the battery through faulty regulator...? I guess not. Thanks.
1973 MZ ES250/2 - 17,000 miles - The project! :)
1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 9,000 miles - Mud :)
1981 Honda CX500B - 91,000 miles - Long Distance :)
1987 MZ ETZ300 - 38,000 miles - Sun :)
1989 MZ ETZ251 - 49,000 miles - Commute :)

Fuhrpark: http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net
blurredman

Beitragvon EmmasPapa » 15. Mai 2024 11:15

With a TS 150 I had a defective fuse and no tools to open the left side cover. I was about 25 km from home. My idea of ​​bringing the machine home with the ignition light switch in the emergency and push position worked.

But you have only the ignition, no head light, no tail light, no break light, no turn light, no horn, nothing else.
Grüße

Frank

Fuhrpark: MZ mit 6 Volt, zeitweise eine mit 12 V in Pflege
EmmasPapa

Beitragvon Mexicano » 15. Mai 2024 11:21

blurredman hat geschrieben:Okay. Thank you. So it isn't a long term solution for a vehicle that is failing to charge the battery through faulty regulator...? I guess not. Thanks.

Hello,
it also serves for those who switched the parking light position at night to mark the position of the parked vehicle for the traffic - according to national traffic regulations - and, by occasion, stayed longer in the pub as planned before - until the capacity of their battery is exhausted.
Not to mention the modest qualitiy of lead-acid-batteries sold in the former GDR.
Always drive safely!
+++
El Mexicano

Fuhrpark: ETZ 250/1983, BMW R65/1984, VW 1300/1967
Mexicano

Bilder: 20

Zurück zu Elektrik / Elektronik