Mz Country 500 Rotax Oil Pressure problems.

Moderator: Moderatoren

Mz Country 500 Rotax Oil Pressure problems.

Beitragvon brennain1 » 16. Juni 2013 21:58

Hello gents, I realise there may be a language problem but hopefully someone on here may be able to help me with the following problem. I've recently bought a Mz 500 Country, Rotax engine, which seems to now have an oil pressure problem. The oil pressure indicator light comes on and does not go off when I ride/rev the bike. I noticed the light come on just recently on the way back from a ride and obviously this has now got me seriously worried. Has anyone come by this fault before and can they offer me any possible reasons for this. Looking at the wiring diagram the pressure switch has to break for the indicator to go off which seems to rule out faulty wiring. Could I be left with an engine strip down to check the pump or is there a way of checking the oil pressure before I embark on this.
Cheers, Brendan.

Fuhrpark: MZ Typ/660 Scourpion, MZ Typ/500 Country,
brennain1

Re: Mz Country 500 Rotax Oil Pressure problems.

Beitragvon dösbaddel » 17. Juni 2013 07:08

Hi Brendan,
a luminous Oil indicator light is no problem to 2000 1/min. The Rotax is a dry sump engine.
Possibly, the oil filter should be changed and the pressure holding valve underlying be controlled.
Do you have a diagram of the oil system?

Congratulation to Your Country
Gruß Martin

Schneeliebhaber, Kleiderordnung: :snowman: :flower:

Ein Marienenkäfer sieht auch nicht wieviele Punkte er hat, es sei denn er fliegt falschrum übern Teich und klappt die Flügel ein.

OT- Partisanendösbaddel

https://www.jumbofahrt.de

Fuhrpark: MZ 500 Country LSW,
Zafira 1,7DTI, gelegentlich mit QEK junior oder HP401
MZ ETZ 250 LSW
https://www.loeschboot-traditionsschiff.de/
dösbaddel

Bilder: 18

Beitragvon Nordtax » 17. Juni 2013 15:41

Rotax says the light should be off above around 3000 - 3500 U/min with hot oil.
You can test the pressure with a gauge (0 - 2 bar or so) instead of the switch (thread is M10 x 1), pressure should be about 0,5 bar at 5000 U/min.

The switch just connects the light to ground, so if wiring isolation is damaged, this could cause the light is always on.
To test this, you need a single cable for connecting the switch direct to the light.

Maybe someone from the MT Riders Club is near by you and would help?
Viele Teile für die Rotaxemmen zu verkaufen, fast alles für den Motor, div. Rahmen und Anbauteile.
Bei Bedarf schickt mir einfach eine PN.

Fuhrpark: Aprilia, Guzzi, Honda, MZ...
Nordtax

Beitragvon Martin H. » 17. Juni 2013 16:48

Nordtax hat geschrieben:The switch just connects the light to ground, so if wiring isolation is damaged, this could cause the light is always on.

I once had this problem with my Silverstar, the isolation of the cable from the oil pressure control was damaged. So the light was permanently on.
Liste der großen TS

Namenlos

Jeder hat ein Recht auf eine eigene Meinung, aber niemand hat ein Recht auf eigene Fakten. (Thomas Laschyk)

Mitglied der FBF

Fuhrpark: Silverstar
ES 250/2-Gespann
TS 250/1
GasGas TXT 200
Martin H.

------ Titel -------
Heiligenstadt 2009/2011 Organisator,
2015 Helfer
FBF-Papparazzo

Artikel: 7
Bilder: 26